7.28.2012

Victory comes from Him alone

Didn't there always seem to always be something happening in David's life? Not only that but David had many, many enemies and people were set out to kill him. It's so crazy to me as I was reading this verse (see link to Psalm 3 below) under the dryer at the hair salon today. How often is it true that I complain and worry about "enemies" or "unfavorable circumstances". I can honestly say that I have never had someone try to kill me. Yet I complain when someone makes one rude complaint to me. Ahh! Look at David! I'm currently reading through the psalms now . When trying to figure where I wanted to go and read next through the Word I felt that this was appropriate because I knew that I wanted to be a woman after God's own heart. So why not turn to read of the Psalmists who glorified God throughout the entire Psalms. This is truth : Though his enemies may've been bigger and outnumbered him at times, he  was still victorious and successful because he knew :

 that he couldn't fight his own battles. 

Ouch. That's an ego breaker. Not only are we weak but the entire purpose of our lives is to glorify Him. And we do not glorify Him by making our cause famous but making HIM famous. SO we must know that we cannot fight our own battles but that the battle belongs to the Lord.  Success and victory only comes from God; He is our shield and deliverance comes from Him only. If I fight them myself, I will fall flat on my face. He will receive glory when I trust in Him and walk by the Spirit. Our victory glorifies Him. Let us always turn back like the Psalmist, pointing to Him and making Jesus (even more) famous.


0 comments:

Post a Comment