7.30.2012

Facebook : Life, Death & Lot's Wife

Immediately after I posted about Lot's Wife, I went to type in someone's name on my facebook and a certain person popped up. T I hadn't contacted that person in a few years nor had I been thinking about them. See in my last post I said, do not reminisce on xyz. You fill in the blank. Well, this is my xyz. Or one of them because we have multiple xyz's. This certain person tried to contact me through another source and so forth and I knew that I was not to be in contact with them. But right then and there I had a decision to make. Keep looking forward or look back? FB is not evil BUT it seeing that person on there jsut could've taken me down a completely different path (please see previous post).




Only by HIS GRACE & STRENGTH did I close that window and it was His wisdom that instructed me.
Though God may not be raining down Sulfur anytime soon or turning anymore people into salt , there's still a modern day application in this for us all.  In the big picture, we all have the choice of life and death. [And no, I don't mean as in are you saved or not as I'm assuming that most that reading this are.] But we as Christian must be watchful because it is so easy for us to try to blend in and walk the same path as everyone is. But the problem is...the world's path looks a whole lot like Mrs. Lot! Holding onto sin and treasuring it!

 

We are called to take the path that leads to life...to fruitfulness...the Spirit led life. This is the life that glorifies Him. And quite frankly, the opposite leads to unfruitfulness ...Now if we compare Lot and co. and His wife, what did they do differently? I see a difference in their focus. Lot's wife was focused on SIN. Lot and co ran looking forward like nobody's business. Let us be like Lot running looking forward. But let us not forget that when we're looking forward we're looking up at Jesus! The dangerous thing about Mrs. Lot looking back was that she was looking at sin and you know what else? If you're focused on sin your life looks dead. There's no fruit, there's no victory! there's distraction! No power! No glory to Jesus! etc etc.
This post really isn't about Facebook. And it's not really about Lot or his wife. It's really about Jesus. Our entire purpose in this world is to glorify Him! And we are not doing that if we are so focused on sin or trying to play coy by  abstaining from sin outwardly but treasuring it in our heart. It's all the same. We're really cutting ourselves from the life giving source that is Christ Jesus!
xoxo Mila!


Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction. 
Psalm 1 


1 comment: